home | forms | site map | contact

Claverack History

 

Gallery of Historic Sites

 

Captain Ellis' Writings

 

Historic Figures

 

Claverack Seal

 

 

 

Back to Claverack History


Gallery of Historic Sites

1  | 2  |  3  |  4  |  next

 

First Court House
First Court House
Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr were among those who tried cases in Claverack's first court house. Martin Van Buren was admitted to the bar here. The court moved to Hudson in 1805.
   
Old Claverack Post Office
Early Claverack Post Office
The Old Claverack Post Office in the early 1950's. It was situated where the Xtramart is now located at the intersection of State Routes 23 and 9H.
   
The Grange
Claverack Grange
Original postcard photograph by O. Wiencke. Photographer & Publisher, Philmont, NY. (undated)

 

1  | 2  |  3  |  4  |  next