The Town of Claverack has received a very limited supply Covid-19 home test kits for Town residents. This is in addition to a small supply N95 masks that are already available for residents. Because of the limited supply of test kits, we ask that you meet the following criteria and read the CDC guidelines which are provided below. There will be a limit of one test kit per family (2 tests per kit). No one will be able to pick up test kits for other families.
- Are a resident of Claverack
- Have no children in your household who go to local public schools (test kits available at the schools)
The masks and test kits will be provided at the Town Office, 91 Church St., Mellenville, during office hours (Mon-Fri 9 am-3 pm) until we run out. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Town Clerk’s office at 518-672-7911.
CDC Testing Guidelines
Who should get tested:
The following people should get tested for COVID-19:
- People who have symptoms of COVID-19.
- People who have come into close contact with someone with COVID-19 should be tested to check for infection at least 5 days after they last had close contact with someone with COVID-19. The date of the last close contact is considered day 0.
- People not fully vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine who are prioritized for expanded community screening for COVID-19.
- People not fully vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine who have been asked or referred to get testing by their school, workplace, healthcare provider, state, tribal, local external icon or territorial health department.
Who does not need to be tested:
- The following people who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 do not need to get tested if they do not have COVID-19 symptoms
- People who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 3 months and recovered, as long as they do not develop new symptoms, do not need to get tested.