SOLARIZE CLAVERACK – You can save up to 10% on your electric bill and receive a signup bonus by enrolling in Solarize Claverack, also known as Columbia County Community Solar. The Claverack Town Board and the Claverack Climate Smart (CSC) Committee present this opportunity to residents and businesses to save money while supporting in-state solar energy. This Solarize Campaign is developed jointly with the Columbia County CSC Task Force. It is part of a NYSERDA program to incentivize towns to take climate action and support renewable energy.
Learn more, Sign up: Neighborhood Sun
Solarize is a Win-Win for your Household, for Claverack, and for the Planet:
- A credit of up to 10% on your electricity bill is your benefit for supporting renewable Solar energy, with no fees and no risk; As an early subscriber, you will receive a sign-on bonus of $100 once you are connected to a Solar Farm;
- By supporting clean energy, we reduce our dependence on fossil fuels and help mitigate climate change; NYS has set a goal of a net-zero electrical grid by 2050. Community Solar allow anyone who does not have solar panels to participate in the growing renewable energy sector.
- Claverack benefits by receiving funds to support sustainability; the Solar providers donate for each subscriber, and a NYSERDA Grant of $5,000 may be awarded with a successful campaign; Claverack will spend these funds for additional efforts to reduce emissions and increase resilience to climate change.
Our Solar Provider is Neighborhood Sun.
- Neighborhood Sun (includes Astral, Oya) –
- Columbia County Solarize (Community Solar) –
- Nexamp – not available