Dog Control

Dog Control Officer

  • If you have a problem with a dog, or found a stray dog, please contact Dog Control Officer Kyle Miller (845) 407-1367 or your local Police Agency.
    or email [email protected]
  • For those in the Village of Philmont, please call the Philmont Police Department at their non-emergency line: (518) 672-4000.
  • For those who live outside the Village, please contact the Columbia County Sheriff’s Department at their non-emergency line: (518) 828-0601.  They will be able to dispatch someone to assist you.

Dog Licenses

In the Town of Claverack, you are required to have a dog license in order to house a canine on your premises. Dog licenses may be purchased at the Claverack town office: spayed/neutered ($10); unspayed/entire ($20). Bring proof of Rabies vaccination for your dog at the time of making an application for a dog license. Dog License Application

Rabies Vaccinations

Pet rabies vaccinations are available for free for Columbia County residents. Please visit the rabies clinic schedule at the Columbia County Department of Health to find out when you can have your dog, cat, or ferret immunized.

Animal Requirement Checklist


  • Dog license
  • Rabies vaccination
  • Must be leashed